Sunday, October 5, 2008

Auralee lost a tooth!

Ok, so I'm a little late getting this done. Nobody's perfect :) Sunday, September 28th, Auralee woke up and started banging on my door.

Mom! I need to show you something


What!

Just come see!

What is it?

My tooth

(she opens her mouth and shows me her missing tooth as I open the door)

Where is it?

I don't know, its gone.




Ok, so we look everywhere and still cant find it, so we figure she must have swallowed it in her sleep. I'm not quite sure how the tooth fairy works in situations like this. I didn't put any money under her pillow, but I'm thinking Ill put a $.50 piece somewhere in her room and when she cleans her room she'll find it and then Ill just chalk it up to how she lost her tooth. Is that too complicated?

She got really sick later before bed, do you think that could have something to do with swallowing a tooth?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

My kids have never swallowed teeth, but I know lots of kids who have.

I think you should just have her write a note to the tooth fairy explaining the situation. It happens so often, that she'll be understanding. :)

briannewalsh said...

that's funny. :)

Mechelle said...

Wow, that is funny! You could stick it in the toilet, haha, jk. I know that's gross, but really, I think the letter idea is good.

Am I Dreaming?! said...

OK, I've actually had this happen. Elsie's came out in the bite of apple and was swallowed. We wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happen, sealed it, put it under her pillow. She totally understood, gave her the quarter and wrote a note back explaining that these things do happen, that she knew Elsie was a good kid, and wished her a great day at school! It was a huge success!