Sunday, July 13, 2008

Im a big kid now

My baby is getting so big! While auntie Nadine was here, she took care of Taryn's "mullet". It was her first official hair cut. She has had her bangs trimmed before, but never inches off the back. It wasn't as hard for me to let go as it was with Auralee, but I was still a little sad. Her hair isn't as curly as it used to be.

She did pretty good. She didn't cry at all, and she barely fussed. She also didn't wiggle as much as I thought she might. She was a little apprehensive, but it didn't take too long, so everything was alright.

They grow up so fast. Just this weekend we moved her into Auralee's room to the bottom bunk. She rolled off a couple times onto a pillow I put on the floor, so I put another one on the edge of the bed and she was fine the rest of the night. Auralee is gone to my moms house for three weeks, so we took this opportunity to get Taryn used to sleeping in a big girl bed. Man, it seems like just yesterday that we did the same thing with Auralee, and now she'll be starting kindergarten next month!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mechelle said...

awe how cute is that!

Heidi said...

That girl would look cute with no hair! That is great you are transitioning her to a big girl bed while Auralee is gone. Probably makes it way easier! I bet you miss her though! 3 weeks is a long time but a nice break!

Alisha said...

Tayrn is so cute! I just love her.