Monday, August 24, 2009

The Grand Canyon 2009

At the end of June, we started our 10 day Engstrom Family 4th of July camping trip. Our little family decided to start at the Grand Canyon. Luc really wanted to take Auralee there since she had mentioned several times that she'd never been. We camped just outside the park at a nice little camp ground. We slept in a tent and Luc and I had an air mattress. I wasn't sure how I would do, being pregnant, but surprisingly, I did quite well.

The weather was beautiful and the canyon was gorgeous!

We walked all over the place. Up and down trails and to lots of overlooks. The places we couldn't get to quickly offered a shuttle. They were always crowded, but since I'm pregnant, I always seemed to get a seat. We spent quite a bit of time there and enjoyed it all. We packed our lunch and snacks and water as well. It was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad we went. I'm also glad my girls has a great time :)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alisha said...

That looks great! I've never been but it looks like lots of fun!

Mechelle said...

that is our Summer Vacation Destination for mext year. looks great!